Grand Seiko Europe and Seiko Watch Corporation offer online resources that provide product-related information and services, as well as company news, employment information and other information related to our business.
The protection of personal data, as well as compliance with privacy and data protection laws and regulations, is important to our organization and our affiliates. We want to ensure the privacy rights of our consumers, business contacts and employees when we process information about them.
This policy applies only to personal data collected through our websites operated by Grand Seiko Europe or by third parties acting for us and on our behalf as data controllers and further processed for the purposes specified in this document. This policy does not apply to personal data collected from offline resources and communications. This policy also does not apply to third party online resources to which our websites may link, and whose content and privacy practices we do not control.
If you have any questions about this policy or our data collection, use and disclosure practices, please contact us.
References in this Policy to "we", "us", "our" and "SEIKO" generally mean Grand Seiko Europe and Seiko Watch Corporation (which may include affiliates of Grand Seiko Europe depending on the context).
Who are we?
Grand Seiko Europe, located at 7 Place Vendôme 75001 Paris, France and Seiko Watch Corporation located at 26-1, Ginza 1-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8118, Japan will act as data controller and process your personal data collected through our websites.
Collection of your personal data
We collect personal data online through our websites. Individuals can access many parts of our websites without providing personal data. If you contact us and choose to provide your personal data, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address, by filling out forms or data fields on our websites and corresponding with us, we will collect and use that personal data.
When you visit our websites, we automatically collect information from your computer or other electronic device, which may include your IP address, the date and time of your request and information provided by tracking technologies, such as cookies.
Why we collect, use and share your personal data
We process your personal data to the extent permitted or required by applicable law for the following purposes:
- (i) to sell you Grand Seiko's products and services, (ii) to bill you for Grand Seiko's products and services you have requested, (iii) to deliver Grand Seiko's products and services to you, (iv) to implement online membership services, and (v) to perform Grand Seiko's obligations under a contract to which you are a party (together, the "performance purposes")
- to (i) provide you with promotional information about Grand Seiko's products and services, (ii) conduct promotional activities (including various sweepstakes and membership services) for you, (iii) send you invitations to promotional events, (iv) invite you to participate in surveys and market research activities, and (v) analyze your interests in order to improve Grand Seiko's products and services (together the "Marketing Purposes")
- to respond to your request ("Contact Request")
- to comply with and enforce our rights and perform our obligations under applicable laws
We process your personal data for performance, marketing and contact purposes based on your consent. When we disclose your opinions and photos on our website, we will only publish information appropriate for this marketing purpose after obtaining your consent. We may also process your personal data to comply with and enforce our rights and perform our obligations under applicable laws.
You may also refuse to provide us with your personal data. However, if you do not provide your data, it may affect your use of the website or certain features of our websites may not function fully.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
Your personal data is intended for us but may be shared with third parties in certain circumstances:
Affiliates of the Grand Seiko Group: Grand Seiko may share your Personal Data among affiliates of the SEIKO Group in order to administer Grand Seiko's services and products, provide you with customer support, process payments, understand your preferences, send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, and conduct the other activities described in this Policy.
Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us in providing Grand Seiko services and products to you. We may share Personal Data with the following categories of service providers:
- Grand Seiko distributors
- IT infrastructure and service providers, including for email archiving
- Marketing, advertising and communication agencies
- Credit reference agencies
- Accounting auditors and other consultants
In the course of providing these services, these service providers may have access to your personal data. However, we will only provide our service providers with the personal data necessary to perform their services, and we ask them not to use your information for any other purpose. We will make every effort to ensure that all of our service providers keep your personal data secure.
Third Parties Authorized by Law: In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal data to the police, regulators, government agencies or judicial or administrative authorities).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties where disclosure is both legally authorized and necessary to protect or defend our rights, national security matters, law enforcement, enforce our contracts, or protect your rights or those of the public.
Third Parties in connection with Business Transfers: We may transfer your personal data to third parties in connection with a reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition or transfer of assets, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal data in a manner consistent with this policy.
We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
Please note that our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our business contacts or affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we have no control over how they may use your personal data. You should check the privacy policies of third party websites before submitting personal data to them.
Transfer of personal data outside your country
Your personal data may be transferred and processed outside the country where you are located by Grand Seiko Group affiliates and our service providers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is processed securely and in accordance with this Policy and applicable data protection laws, including, where European data protection law applies, entering into standard contractual clauses (or equivalent measures) with the party outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Protection of your personal data
We have strictly adhered to the rules for processing personal data, depending on its sensitivity, and to the implementation of technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data in our possession from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These measures include administrative, technical and physical safeguards, such as limiting access to personal data to only those employees and authorized service providers who need to know that information for the purposes described in this policy.
Our website may offer optional features for children under the age of 16, and may collect personal information about children. When we offer these features, we ask for parental name and contact information to ensure that verifiable parental consent is obtained prior to any collection, use or disclosure of children's personal data.
Customers under the age of 16 should inform their parents of the need to obtain their consent to the processing of their personal information, show them this policy, provide them with their parents' names and contact information, and obtain their parents' consent to the processing of their personal information.
You have the following rights in accordance with applicable laws and regulations:
- Access. You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data relating to you is being processed and, if so, to request access to such data. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data being processed.
- Rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you.
- Deletion. You have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we process about you, except where we are not obliged to do so, if we need to retain the data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe that the data is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or we no longer need to process the data for a particular purpose, unless we are unable to delete the data due to a legal obligation or because you do not want us to delete the data.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain the personal data we hold about you, in a structured electronic format, and to transfer that data to another data controller, where it is (1) personal data that you have provided to us, and (2) we are processing that personal data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular circumstances. We will comply with your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue processing the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Withdrawal of consent. If you have consented to us processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes if you do not wish to receive marketing messages.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please check the following Contact Information before making contact. For privacy and security reasons, we may require proof of your identity or additional information before we can act on your request when the information we have is insufficient to fulfill your request. We will endeavor to provide the requested information or make the requested changes in accordance with applicable law.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the local data protection regulator in accordance with applicable laws if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws.
If you are based in another EEA country or if the issue you wish to complain about occurred elsewhere in the EEA, a list of local data protection authorities in EEA countries is available here.
How long we keep your personal data
We generally retain personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the specific business purpose(s) for which it was collected and for the duration of your use of our websites. In some cases, we may be required to retain information for a longer period of time under laws or regulations that apply to our business. To the extent possible, we strive to anonymize information or remove unnecessary identifiers from records that we may need to retain beyond the initial retention period. Once personal data is no longer needed, we will delete or anonymize it as soon as possible.
See below for any inquiries about this policy or our privacy practices.
If you choose to make an online request, we will collect your personal information, including your email address, name and address, and use it to respond to your request. If you consent to the collection and use of your personal information, please read this policy, check the consent box in the "Online Inquiries" section below, and click the button. You will then be able to send us a completed email with our email address for inquiries.
Please note that, depending on the nature of your inquiry, we may disclose your personal information to our affiliated operating company that is responsible for the relevant products or advertising, so that this company can respond to your inquiry.
Grand Seiko Europe SAS - Personal Information Requests
Phone: +33(0)1 81 69 56 96
Opening hours :
Monday to Saturday from 11am to 7pm
Updating this policy
We may update this policy from time to time. We reserve the right to change, add or remove portions of this policy. If we decide to change this policy, we will post an alert on the home page of this website.
This policy was last updated on 04/28/2022.